The OASYS is the first dental device that treats both of the major causes of sleep-disordered breathing.
The Oral/Nasal Airway System™ (OASYS) is an oral device used to treat snoring, obstructive sleep apnea and upper airway resistance syndrome.
Along with moving the lower jaw forward and training the tongue to prevent blockage of the airways in the throat, the OASYS treats upper airway resistance in the nasal passageways. Because of this unique two-pronged treatment, the device is FDA approved for treating snoring and sleep apnea as well as improving breathing in patients as a nasal dilator.
Benefits Of The OASYS
- Patients are free to drink, talk, open the mouth and close the lips while wearing the device for outstanding comfort.
- OASYS appliances are custom-fitted to each patient’s mouth and virtually invisible to those around you.
- The appliance has optional tongue placement control buttons for simple, effective and comfortable tongue repositioning when you wear the device.
- Patients with bridges, crowns, dental implants and some partial dentures can use the OASYS.
- The OASYS is easily adjustable by moving the base section, sliding the connecting wire as needed and using the locking mechanism to keep everything in place.
- The OASYS improves patient compliance, making the device effective in treatment obstructive sleep apnea in approximately 9 in 10 cases.
- This system effectively treats mild to moderate sleep apnea in Salem patients, and it can also be used to treat severe sleep apnea in some cases.
- The OASYS doesn’t lock onto the upper arch, so patients have complete freedom in lower jaw movement. Mandibular positioning on device to scale and track lower jaw movement in millimeters.